Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Things to Remember & Things to Forget

Things I'd like to remember from the past month:
*Things said by June:
"I'm Mommy!.... No, Logan, no!" (Which is probably a pretty accurate impression of me...)

Aaron had brought home a piece of taffy for June, Logan & I when he was home for lunch. June promptly ate hers & then asked if she could have Logan's. We told her that it was for Logan, but that she could say the prayer for our lunch. This was her prayer:
"Heavenly Father, please bless me to have Logan's taffy. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN!"

*The kids obsession with Peter Pan: 
This is one of my favorite Disney movies & I love that they both love it! June is constantly quoting Captain Hook (who she wants me to be for Halloween) & likes to say, "Ug." Logan especially loves all of the sword fighting parts. We're thinking Santa may bring him his very own sword for Christmas this year!

*Logan's new words:
"Hooray"
"Hi"
"WOW"
"This"
"Shhhh"
"Moon" (comes out sounding like mmmmnnnnnn)
*Aaron & I being married for 8 years!
We are going to celebrate while we are in SLC next week! Can't wait!!

Things to forget from this past month:
*Trip to the ER for June:
We didn't see it happen, but sometime between the end of church & when we got home June dislocated her elbow. She kept holding her arm & wouldn't move it. At this point we didn't know it was dislocated. We thought she had just bumped/ bruised it & was being cranky because she hadn't gotten a nap that day. However, it was the same in the morning and we were getting concerned that she didn't want to move her arm & cried every time it did move. We took her to the ER & they took an x-ray & told us that her elbow joint was dislocated. We felt so bad that we didn't realize that she had a more serious injury than we thought, & that she had to try to try to sleep with a dislocated elbow! They fixed the joint without too much drama & June was glad to get a big stack of stickers from the hospital.

*Trip to the ER for Logan:
Logan had been sick for a couple of days with a flu. It was no big deal, until about the third day. His fever spiked up to 104, he refused to drink just about everything, & anything he did drink he threw up right away (including the Tylenol to help bring his fever down)! In the evening he started crying....& didn't stop for 4 hours (VERY unlike him). I decided to take him to the ER because & was really worried that he might be dehydrated. Logan & I got there around 10:00 pm. They thought he was probably dehydrated as well, but took a blood test (not fun) to confirm that he was. Then decided to give him an IV (really not fun) for fluids, & some Zofran for his nausea. He cried & slept intermittently. Our doctor was on the fence deciding wether to admit Logan to the hospital or not. In the end he decided to give him another round of fluids & told me that if he didn't improve to bring him back. Logan & I finally got back home around 1:00 AM & fell asleep almost instantly. Logan slowly began to improve & did not need to go back to the hospital! That night is on my list for one of my worst nights. It was so hard & so sad to see Logan that miserable.

I think those two incidents took a year or two off of my life! It makes me very thankful that I have two normally healthy kids, & my heart goes out to those who don't.

Overall, it was a good month for us. The good stuff will be remembered, & the bad stuff (now that it had been recorded for posterity) will be forgotten.....maybe.


2 comments:

monkeystevens said...

hahahaha! Your kids are so funny! I LOVE what June said; hahaha! But I'm SO sorry you had to go to the ER twice!!! I don't know what I would have done if Mason was sick for so long and then I had to take him to the ER and see him get shots (and now I'm just reminding you of it again...); I would have gone nuts! I'm so sorry; but sooooo glad he is better! Excited to see you guys in a couple of days :)

Bradbury Bunch said...

Phew! I'm so glad to hear that the kids are alright! Oh being parents is hard sometimes! Not knowing what to do. Lately Chloe has been stuffing her mouth so full at dinner time and then she gags and it freaks me out!! Even when I just give her little bites of things she'll gag sometimes! Ahhh! She also slipped in the tub and went under and I swear it seems like it took forever for Nick to go from the stair landing to the bathtub (which is only 6 feet away..but it still felt like forever!)

Great reminder on being thankful too!! {Thanks!}

As for the things June and Logan are saying--I LOVE IT ALL!! They are going to LOVE reading these someday...and in the meantime--we all love reading it!! So keep blogging my friend!!

And I agree with June that you should be Captain Hook for Halloween! What a sexy captain you would be!! :) LOL

LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXO